Saturday, April 12, 2008

No Cars, Just My Dirtbike on the Countryside

Since at a young age, I loved the brute force and agility of a dirt motorcycle. This makes it more interesting as the beauty, serenity, and the sense of power of vast plains, and rolling hills also fascinate me. Virgin forests seem to always beckon and attract me to explore and bask in its beauty and mystery.
A horse would have been lovelier for these weekend adventures. But being an urban geek that I am, it would be geekier if you find a Quarter Horse in my pad, wouldn't it? Besides that, I like my 449cc liquid-cooled four stroke engine Honda CRF450X better. This motorcycle also makes my living room look more hip as it stands there like a large work of art....and modern technology.
A motorcycle is the modern equivalent of the horse, and this is exactly what I have in mind whenever I am on my weekend adrenaline motorbike overdrive in the countryside. It's just me, my motorcycle, my motorcycle gear, and, for protection, my shoei helmet, against the wilds.
HONDA CRF450X
The new Honda CRF450X motorcycle is the best trail bike I ever had. It packs a big-bore brute force of 449cc engine with a lot of fine-tuned qualities like the new Honda Progressive Steering Damper, better chassis and it's over-all body look improved by its much slimmer fuel tank.
Driving this motorcyle through the panorama of rolling hills, it seems to grow wings. It flies! It roars! It canters, it gallops. Nothing feels more reassuring and more powerful than the sound of its engine as this beast responds with the slightest twist of its throttle, the squeeze of its clutch, a tap to shift gears. It's a fine good steed, a pure-breed race-horse that blends motocross with off-road.
SHOIE MOTORCYCLE HELMET AND SAFETY MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES
Looking from afar, you would see me bob up and down like a trapeze artist on wheels as I glide and fly from hill slope after hill slope. In the woods, I'd challenge the steepest longest uphill climb, drive around or over rocks, all the time trying to maintain the fastest speed. This is something I can't show my wife-not even my mom. They'd for sure freak out.
Years of experience on rough trails and terrains (and some bad falls and crashes) proved useful in improving my style. Thanks also to my motorcycle accessories like the safety helmet, elbow and knee pads, motorcycle gloves (or my palms and other parts of my body would have been totally skinless by now!) that I always don as a prerequisite to these kick-butt adventures.
You could not count the number of "wahoos" I scream when I fly. I could imagine my pupils dilating as I climb steep hills at high speed, negotiating my way around trees, boulders, logs, some roots (which could be very fatal) a couple of ruts, and soft mounds. Crossing creeks or even driving uphill within them is simply wonderful as you are flanked by mist in rainbow colors. The shallow rocky rivers are quite a beauty to conquer too.
I have had my share of falls and bad crashes from roots, sharp bends that end towards a log, burrows, and loose rocks. Safety helmet, proper clothing, pads, and an ounce of stoicism every time you fall surely help. Enjoy riding!

No comments: